What is a TESL Canada Certification?
A TESL Canada certification will allow you to Teach English as a second or foreign language across Canada, not only that but it is a sought after designation world wide. TESL teachers enjoy the ability to travel anywhere in the world and create a sustainable life style. The life of an English teacher can be deeply rewarding and fulfilling. Our teachers are day in day out captured by the smiles and success of their students. Teaching English is a career move that can open doors you never knew existed.
The purpose of the TESL Canada certification is to promote excellence in the teaching and learning of English as a Second Language (ESL) across Canada by promoting professional certification standards that are recognized in all provinces.
The TESL Canada National Professional Certification Standards benefit educators by helping ensure that:
- TESL training and ESL teaching experience are recognized as main professional benchmarks of Canadian ESL educators
- Teaching credentials are recognized not only from province to province but by virtue of their national status from country to country.
- Credentials are recognized by international students when they compare faculty at post secondary schools and in language institutes across Canada before their arrival in Canada. As a result, programs which hire qualified professionals will attract more students
- On campus 120 hour TESL certification program — Runs every month for 4 weeks (New start date each month)
- Online 120 hour OnTESL certification program — Runs every month for 12 weeks (New start date each month)
This program is recognized by TESL Canada. Students who successfully complete this program and have a degree may apply for TESL Canada’s Professional Standard Level One certification.
Click the links below for the program of your choice.
I was encouraged by Lilla to pursue a teaching opportunity overseas in Taiwan, and she provided me advice for my interview well after my course was complete. This led me to teaching in Taiwan, South Korea and now currently a Masters of Education based off of my teaching experiences overseas. Without Lilla, I may not have had the courage to achieve my dreams.
We as students were always active participants in every class, there was never a time where I didn’t feel engaged and invested in the course. It is almost as though the course is taught the way we should teach an ESL course—lots of student involvement and lots of stimulus.
The classroom size was great for the course, with fewer than 10 students. Lilla could provide individual attention when it was needed. The course prepared me well to teach small classes aimed at adults at the lower-beginner to intermediate level and I was comfortable during my practicum as a result.