COVID-19 has created a new normal for us. The first step is to protect yourself and be healthy. It is essential to use a mask correctly, maintain social distancing with colleagues, teachers and administrative staff, and maintain hygiene.
Safety Protocols for Students
According to the WHO, COVID-19 is a virus that cannot be eliminated, but it can be contained. We also know that COVID is fatal according to each individual’s epidemiological status; each case is different and depends a lot on the state of health of the people. That is why we have created this manual to prevent contagion and keep you safe while studying at inlingua Victoria.
COVID-19 Safety Plan
Agreement For Host Families With Quarantining Students
Agreement For Students Who Must Quarantine
The care is in our hands
Prevention against COVID 19 is of vital importance for everyone. Self-care is the most determining factor in mitigating the contagion. Therefore, all our students must be aware of wearing a mask, keeping distance between people, and regularly washing their hands.
We have built a safe environment for our students
inlingua Victoria has prepared all the necessary protocols for you to study with us. All our students must apply the protocols in their place of residence.
- Most programs and courses are being delivered through a blended learning model. Contact us for more information
- Program and course registration is open
- We have developed and are implementing a detailed COVID 19 Safety Plan and Protocols to protect and support the health of our students, faculty, and staff that meet the expectations of the Government of Canada’s Guidance for Postsecondary Institutions during the COVID-19 Pandemic and B.C. government’s Go-Forward Guidelines for the post-secondary sector, which support the overall direction of the BC Restart Plan for all locations. This plan is in place for limiting the spread of COVID-19, responding quickly to any suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 on our campuses, and caring for those affected by the virus
- All students will have a pre-arrival orientation to the inlingua Victoria COVID Safety Policies and Protocols.
- As part of our ongoing operations as the pandemic evolves, we continue to monitor B.C. public health advice, Orders of the Provincial Health Officer, and information on safe work protocols provided by WorkSafeBC, as the measures and precautions to slow the spread of COVID-19 may increase in the coming months
- Worksafe BC COVID-19 readiness covid-19 safety plan worksafe bc
How to access free counselling and mental health services for students
inlingua Victoria and the Government of B.C. want to ensure that students who need mental health support know-how and where to get it.
Launched in April 2020, Here2Talk is a mental health counselling and referral service available to all B.C. post-secondary students. The service offers confidential, free, single-session services by app, phone, or online chat, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
How to access Here2Talk
B.C. post-secondary students can access professional counselling services by:
- • Downloading the Here2Talk app
- • Visiting here2talk.ca
- • Calling toll free 877-857-3397 or direct 604-642-5212
Students calling from outside Canada can also dial 604-642-5212 (international calling charges may apply). Phone services are available in additional languages upon request.
The Here2Talk service is operated by Morneau Shepell, and can support students dealing with challenges such as depression, anxiety, loneliness, pressure to perform, crises, racism, and relationships. Counsellors will also be equipped to refer students to local resources in their communities.
Knowing what COVID 19 is is vitally important to prevent it and be able to detect symptoms early.
- Inlingua Victoria
- Discover Victoria
- Apply Online
- AGENTS – STUDENTS INFO
- COVID 19 Guidelines
Victoria, BC, V8W 1X3
|Staff Contacts||Staff Contacts Page|