TESL/TESOL Teacher Training Certificate Program
Teach English in Canada or around the world!
inlingua Victoria’s 120 hour TESL/TESOL Certificate program is an intensive program consisting of a balanced curriculum of both theoretical and practical components of teaching English. There is a supervised teaching practicum that offers a hands on learning opportunity to complete your training. This course is for anyone who would like to pursue a career in Teaching English as a Second Language to non-native English speakers.
This program is recognized by TESL Canada. Students who successfully complete this program and have a degree may apply for TESL Canada’s Professional Standard Level One certification.
The TESL/ TESOL Certification Course includes 100 hours of intensive and comprehensive instruction in ESL methodologies, lesson planning, resources and job search skills. Student teachers also complete a 10-hour classroom observation and a 10-hour teaching practicum with ESL students from around the world who are attending our English Language Courses in Victoria.
Within the inlingua network, we use our exclusive inlingua teaching method. The method allows students to speak English, practice the language and progress very quickly. Our materials are researched and created by our Pedagogical Department in Bern, Switzerland. Over 500,000 students learn English and other languages with us every year at inlingua campuses worldwide. The materials are constantly updated to stay abreast of developments in the teaching field worldwide.
Recognized and Approved by TESL Canada.
The only organization in Canada that officially recognizes TESL Teacher Training Programs in Canada.
TESL Tuition and Fees
|Registration and Practicum Fee||$200.00|
|Textbook and Material Fee||$200.00|
(1) Classroom instruction
- Interactive lectures and activities outline the theory for each module.
- Students will be asked to prepare several peer-teaching sessions.
- Evaluation is based on homework, assignments, exams, and participation.
(2) Practice teaching
- Under supervision of a mentor teacher, after an initial period of observation, students will be required to teach ESL classes. Students will progress gradually from observation through assisting the mentor teacher to teaching the ESL class for an extended period of time.
Full-Time TESL/TESOL Certification Program
- Monday to Friday from 9:00am – 3:30pm
- 4 weeks in length
|Full-Time TESL Program Dates||Status|
|June 5, 2017 to June 30, 2017||Accepting applications|
|July 3, 2017 to July 28, 2017||Accepting applications|
|August 8, 2017 to September 1, 2017||Accepting applications|
|September 5, 2017 to September 29, 2017||Accepting applications|
|October 2, 2017 to October 27, 2017||Accepting applications|
|October 30, 2017 to November 24, 2017||Accepting applications|
|November 27, 2017 to December 22, 2017||Accepting applications|
Part-Time TESL/TESOL Certification Program
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Saturdays from 9:00am – 1:00pm
- 10 weeks in length
|Part-Time TESL Program Dates||Status|
|August 1, 2017 to October 7, 2017||Accepting applications|
|October 10, 2017 to December 18, 2017||Accepting applications|
Entrance Requirements for TESL
- To be able to show mastery of the English Language in correspondence and conversation
|English Language Proficiency Tests||Score – Program Trainees|
|IELTS Academic||Overall 7 with a minimum of 7 in each skill area|
|or TOEFL iBT||Overall 101 with a minimum of 23 in Listening, 24 in Reading, 27 in Speaking and 27 in Writing|
|or Completion of an undergraduate degree||Completion of an undergraduate degree from an English-speaking university in one of the following countries: Canada, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Botswana, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Cameroon, Dominica, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Montserrat, Nigeria, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, Saint Kitts-Nevis, St. Lucia, St.Vincent, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United Kingdom, United States, Uganda, US Virgin Islands, Zambia, Zimbabwe.|
- Important: From October 1st, 2015 onwards TESL Canada will accept only IELTS Academic and TOEFL iBT.
- Completion of inlingua Victoria General English Level 6 or
- Students take and pass an inlingua Victoria in-house exam which includes a grammar test, writing test, and interview.