Welcome to Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Victoria is the capital of British Columbia and known for its natural beauty and quality of life. Victoria enjoys a mild climate (22°C in the summer / 6°C in the winter) with little rain (650mm annually), arguably the most comfortable in Canada. With a population of about 360,000 people, Victoria has many advantages of a larger metropolitan city while retaining the comfort and safety of a smaller city. Its location on Southern Vancouver Island puts it in close proximity to Canada’s mainland and the Pacific Northwest of the United States. The island’s great natural beauty is reflected in the region’s many provincial and national parks.
It is obvious why people visit Victoria – this is a world-class destination with year round events. Relaxation is the key as you walk around the Inner Harbour, enjoy dining on fresh seafood, or unwind at one of many sidewalk cafes. Victoria’s flower-filled streets, charming alleys, grand old buildings, and leisurely atmosphere make it one of Canada’s most beautiful cities to explore.
Why Victoria is a Great City to Study and Live
- People in Victoria are very friendly and helpful.
- Victoria is in the top ten list world wide, for tourist cities.
- Victoria, the capital of British Columbia, is a beautiful city renowned as the City of Gardens
- Victoria has the most moderate climate in all of Canada. There is no extreme winter, makingit a desirable location for September to March studies.
- Victoria gets 60 percent less rainfall than Vancouver.
- Victoria has the 2nd highest number of restaurants per capita in all of North America.
- Vancouver Island is roughly the size of Belgium and is known for its diverse landscape: mountains for skiing, lakes for swimming, the ocean for sailing, beautiful beaches, excellent hiking and old growth forests.
- inlingua Victoria is in the heart of the city on Government Street, one of the most beautiful streets in Victoria. It is right across the inner harbour, surrounded by cafes, restaurants, and boutique shopping.